EspaƱol English

Monday 12 October 2015

How to install Xmonad in Arch Linux/Manjaro (1/2)

In this post I will talk about how to install Xmonad and use my personal configuration files to make it run. Remember the videos are made with asciinema. That means you can copy from the video!!

First step is adding archlinuxfr repo to the /etc/pacman.conf file and installing yaourt.

Install xmonad, xmobar, dmenu, zsh, git, feh and all other needed stuff.

Gather dot-files from my repository in GitHub and enable SLiM as login manager.

Once you log into the system you should see something like:

There are plenty of configuration files put in place to make it run. Therefore, it will be so long to explain each of them, but if people are interested in some or all of them I will make another entry explaining them.

In the next post I will talk about the configuration I have in Xmonad and how to use it. If you want to see something in advance have a look to the file ~/.xmonad/xmonad.hs

Finally, recently I have been playing with DWM, another tiling window manager, from suckless.org. I will make another entry in the future explaining about it, because I think is really interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment